Mechanical Lab Technologist / Technician
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Mechanical Lab Technologist/Technician at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Mechanical Lab Technologist / Technician at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Supporting the Mechanical, Metallurgy, and composite testing requirements of the company.
- Maintaining applicable records to support special processes.
- Executing sample preparations including Cutting, mounting, grinding, and polishing of metallurgical samples.
- Performing metallurgical analysis of samples and writing technical reports.
- Ensuring tensile, metallurgical and in coming material tests are completed and confirming to customer/internal specifications.
- Developing and maintaining procedures for test methods and equipment calibrations.
- Ensuring that the set-up and operation of required Lab equipment is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that the preparation of test specimens has been conducted to attain accurate test results.
- Maintaining high standards of workmanship while completing tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Developing, documenting and maintaining up-to-date procedures for test methods and laboratory equipment.
- Delivering timely laboratory support for material and process investigations.
- Maintaining metallographic laboratory equipment and fixtures.
- Post-secondary Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Experience in the Mechanical and Metallurgy field considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to write technical data reports.
- Ability to work with multiple departments is desirable.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Flexible work hours.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.