Job Title: Mechanical Envelope Adjuster
- Set up, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain envelope converting equipment, making necessary adjustments for adequately functioning equipment, and producing quality products. Strong mechanical skills required. The company will train on the set-up and use of the machine.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years of Adjuster experience with folding envelope equipment.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to communicate operating instructions to machine operators.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require standing, walking, stooping, and manipulating tools.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration, airborne particles, and glues.
- Exposure to heightened noise levels.
- Ability to work up to 12-hour shifts and overtime when required.
- Ability to concentrate and focus on multiple tasks.
- Ability to handle stress in meeting production deadlines.
- Change the machine from one style and size envelope to other styles and sizes per job ticket with minor downtime.
- Set the minimum and maximum speeds on all folding and attachment equipment, maintaining optimum speed for each particular job.
- Maintain the product's quality, including folding, printing, gumming, latex, and any other attachments on the envelope.
- Ensure that proper seal gum, back gum, window gum, or any other special gum is the correct gum for the job being manufactured.
- Observe the machine for any visible signs of deterioration of parts, order necessary details, and coordinate with suppliers when maintenance is needed; keep accurate records of repair work, changes, etc.
- Back up Machine Operators for breaks as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Provide training to crew and other employees as needed.
- Comply with all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures. Safety is Priority #1.
Click here to apply online