Mechanical Engineering Specialist
Mechanical Engineering Specialist -Hybrid Position
Waukesha/Milwaukee, WI (candidates can work from home Monday & Friday, and must be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week)
This position is responsible for leading cross functional teams and developing new electro-mechanical product solutions for application on electrical power systems.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Work directly with a broad set of technologies involving polymers, rubber moldings, castings, and metal fabrications.
- Assignments range in scope from high level system concepts to detailed system development and analysis.
- Be a key leader of cross functional project teams that push concepts through a formal project process leveraging the ability to translate internal and external customer requirements into measurable performance criteria.
- Creatively and efficiently solve design challenges by understanding the elements within a design that are critical for success, while eliminating the non-value-added elements.
- Primary duties include planning (work breakdown), risk analysis, product design, design analysis, prototyping, verification and reliability test planning and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years of engineering experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Waukesha, WI will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Seven or more years of engineering experience
- Experience in Engineering analysis, digital simulation, and 3D modeling (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical/mechanical analysis tools, etc.)
- Product design, DFM/DFA, and manufacturing knowledge.
- Experience with engineering related projects
- Kinematic/Dynamic Analysis Experience
- Green belt or black belt trained
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills. Proficient using Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated skills in Engineering analysis and digital simulation