Key Job Elements
Designs and develops mechanical and electro-mechanical fuel system and instrumentation components using SolidWorks.
- Performs design analysis such as Tolerance stacks, FEA, CFD, etc
- Follows the company’s new product development process and performs role of technical lead on projects.
- Works with other groups such as Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, and Sales to launch new products as well as support existing products.
- Interacts with both customers and suppliers on technical topics.
- Develops and writes design validation test specifications and works closely with lab resources to make sure that the product is properly validated.
- Leads and participates in design reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, design for manufacturing reviews.
- Trains and mentors other less experienced engineers
Thorough knowledge in the following:
- Principles and practices of engineering
- Design for manufacturing
- Engineering testing and evaluation
- Injection molding/die casting processes and design practices
- Metal stamping design
- Machined part design