INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Our client, a leader in custom manufacturing specializing in the agriculture sector, is seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join their team of professionals in Swift Current, SK. Your commitment to team, manufacturing excellence, and ongoing learning will be put to great use in this exciting, career-forward role. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will work as part of the Engineering team designing new products and improving existing product lines.
DO YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, SKILLS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL ENGINEER POSITION?
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Leadership qualities and supervisory aspirations
- Ability to communicate effectively and inspire confidence in supervisors and peers
- Ability to read, understand, and follow work orders, drawings, and blueprints
- Mechanical aptitude in design, jigging and airfow
- Experience with SolidWorks (working knowledge)
- Positive and co-operative team player
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Ability to apply advanced problem solving and troubleshooting models
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL ENGINEER
In this role you'll work closely with other Mechanical Engineers, Technicians and Technologists on a day-to-day basis taking part in, or leading new product design and development, as well as improvement of existing product lines. You'll work closely with other departments to ensure accuracy in engineering materials related to work orders, quality checks, and sourcing. Additionally, you'll prioritize ECR/ECO tasks in collaboration with Senior Design Engineer, source materials and purchased product for cost, durability and quality, set up part numbers and complete MAX BOM set up including material linking, associating drawings and labor and perform other transactions or tasks as assigned by a Senior Design Engineer.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS MECHICAL ENGINEER ROLE
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Working Knowledge of Solidworks and CFD
- MRP experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience managing a wide variety of priorities in a fast-paced environment.