PURPOSE: Privately owned specialty pulp producer with a solid reputation and strong business is looking for an exceptional Mechanical Engineer to join their team at their specialty pulp and cellulose operation in the Northwest. Well rounded experience in paper, chemicals, or related continuous manufacturing operations preferred. Will work throughout the operation leading capital and maintenance projects, and assisting the maintenance and operations teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As an essential member of our staff you will be involved in engineering analysis of structures & fluid systems
- Systems design and trouble-shooting
- Development and execution of repair plans for critical equipment
- Selection, installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Providing leadership in capital and maintenance projects including project budget creation and cost control.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, be organized, detail oriented, open to challenging opportunities, and driven to excel.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- Preference given for industrial experience including project management experience on capital and maintenance projects
- Experience with AutoCad / Solidworks, machine design, structural analysis and/or mechanics of fluid.