The Mechanical Engineer position is a dual role position that supports capital projects as Project Engineer during the conceptual design, engineering review, construction, and commissioning phases and also is our subject area resource for mechanical systems as corporate Mechanical Engineer to provide support to operations and other departments in his area of expertise, develop standards and software tools for equipment selection. This position is based at the Corporate Technical Center but projects will be located at all of the American operations (USA, Canada and other countries). The Mechanical Engineer participates in cross functional teams to improve technical knowledge, effectiveness, and results.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Works with Operations/Process/Project Management Teams in development of the Project Scope, Estimations, Specifications, Control Narratives and Conceptual Design.
- Contributes as subject area resource in a variety of mechanical engineering areas providing support for systems design, engineering reviews, root-cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Reviews and approves work of outside engineering consultants including flow diagrams, general arrangement drawings, specifications, RFQs, bid evaluations, vendor drawings, as-built drawings and manuals.
- Prepare basic design drawings, specifications, and operating instructions.
- Meet Company expectations with a focus on safety, environmental compliance, equipment reliability, and cost control
- Direct and coordinate any internal and external resources under his/her control.
- Assist with troubleshooting and performance enhancements of mechanical systems and recommend cost effective solutions and repairs.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years project or mechanical engineering experience in a multi-disciplinary approach within an industrial environment, preferably in the lime, cement, steel or other bulk material industry.
- Proven track record of achieving timely results and while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to travel up to 35% domestically with some international travel and could include extended assignments during critical construction and start-up periods.