As a Mechanical Development Engineer II, you play a key role in the design of a wide range of commercial cooking equipment. As part of the Sustaining Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to be involved with implementing and supporting product improvements, product enhancements, customization, and solving customer related problems. In addition, you will design extensions to current product lines to meet the needs of a diverse customer base, as well as finding creative solutions to application problems that occur on our mature and new products.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work for a company that is 100% employee owned. As an employee owner, you are eligible to participate in our employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) program following one year of service.
- Annual company performance bonus
- Ability to work from home
- Defined career paths to help you get where you want to go
- Professional Development opportunities including unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning courses and tuition reimbursement
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO and paid holidays
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Employee activities including department outings, holiday parties and our annual company-wide Thanksgiving Dinner
What You’ll Be Doing
- Conduct Prototype Building Testing.
- Review Drawings, Models, PCN’s and EWR’s for approval.
- Set part and assembly drawing requirements.
- Enter detailed lab requests and provides guidance.
- Conduct field tests.
- Work closely with lab technicians.
- Provide detailed reports on the project progress to the team and management including presentations to small and large groups.
- Provide Prototype and Pre-Production support.
- Perform Design of Experiments.
- Conduct Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- Articulate design tradeoffs at a business level
- Consistently models the Company Values and Expected Behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- B.S. ME or MET
- 3+ years product support or project experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- MS office, presentation, and Power Point skills
- Basic process knowledge of machining, sheet metal, and casting
- Detail oriented and strong creativity skills
- Strong problem-solving skills-RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Basic knowledge of Agency standards
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experienced in manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated system level thinking
- Intermediate knowledge of Electrical-Wire Diagrams and Wiring
- Intermediate knowledge of assembly structure
- Design for manufacturability experience
- Ability to travel and work at customer locations (sometimes on short notice)
Compensation for this position includes full benefits, 401k matching, a generous relocation package, paid vacation, and paid paternity leave.