endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Mechanical Design Engineer
Summary: This opportunity is designing parts for customers within the construction Industry. Work with customers, project management, production control and other engineering staff to ensure all customer objectives are met through the most effective and efficient manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Shows dimensions, material to be used, and other information necessary to make detailed drawing clear and complete.
- Create accurate detailed fabricated metal drawings and layouts as well as piece part prints that conform to industry and company standards for shop fabrication.
- Develop the skill to evaluate tolerance propagation within an assembly of components and determine interference fits and functionality of final assemblies and installations.
- Uses CAD to create component layout models/drawings
- Works with Project Engineers and Designers to revise/resolve drawing and/or customer order issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Organize and archive drawings and specifications, along with maintaining engineering work log while maintaining an organized workspace and filing system.
- Makes any adjustments to detailed designs as necessary or required.
- Interpret customer needs and perform all necessary engineering functions to ensure 100% on-time completion along with accuracy of work.
- Provides support to manufacturing to ensure product is fabricated and assembled based on the intended functionality of the design.
- Reviews engineering drawings and estimates, analyzes design work, and retrieves information as required to complete layout and design to meet customer expectations.
- BSME from an accredited University
- Understand/experience using AutoCAD or similar programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills within a collaborative team environment.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, BOM’s, and other work instructions.
- Steel Fabrication or Construction experiences a plus.
- Candidate should possess strong organizational skills
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.