Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for Industrial Shift Mechanics to join our client’s growing team.Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at email@example.com
Basic duties of the Industrial Shift Mechanic include performing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on industrial production equipment. You will be required to troubleshoot, maintain, repair and upgrade complex mechanical systems while working individually or as a part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel.
Qualifications for the position include:
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices
- 4+ years industrial maintenance experience OR two year technical degree
- Experience with mechanical power transmission components including couplings, bearings and gearing
- Welding and fabrication experience
- Knowledge of lubrication techniques and applications
- Knowledge of industrial hydraulics
- Pneumatics and compressors
- Fluid dynamics and pumps
- Cranes and rigging
- Basic knowledge of electrical principles
- Ability to repair, install and maintain manufacturing equipment
Preferred qualifications include:
- Certifications in trades (welding)
- Demonstrated mechanical power transmission experience
- Melt Shop experience
- Strong industrial process knowledge
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or a related field
Our client offers a full benefits package including medical/dental, 401K, profit sharing and educational reimbursement.