Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for Industrial Shift Mechanic to join our client’s growing team. Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic duties of the Industrial Shift Mechanic include performing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on industrial production equipment. You will be required to troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical systems while working individually or as a part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel. For this particular opening, some Planner experience is also required, as you will have responsibilities including planning, organizing and preparing for maintenance down time, leading maintenance, production and contractor personnel during down time, executing preventative maintenance programs and taking inventory for necessary spares and equipment tracking.
Qualifications for the position include:
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices
- Experience with mechanical power transmission components including couplings, bearings and gearing
- Welding experience
- Knowledge of lubrication techniques and applications
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Basic knowledge of electrical principles
- Ability to repair, install and maintain manufacturing equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs including Project, Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret prints, schematics and drawings associated with industrial equipment
Preferred qualifications include:
- 2+ years industrial maintenance/production experience OR completion of an Engineering/Technical program. Welding certified with fabrication experience preferred.
- Mobile equipment/overhead crane experience
- Fundamental knowledge of milling/lathe equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, power transmission, bearings, lubrication, blueprint reading, and precision measuring instruments
- Proficient computer skills and CMMS experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Our client offers a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, profit sharing and educational reimbursement.
Keywords: mechanic, mechanical maintenance, industrial repair, industrial maintenance, mechanical repair, industrial mechanic, repair, maintenance, repairman, millwright, mechanical engineer, power transmission, couplings, bearings, gearings, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, steel, metals, manufacturing