Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at Ryan@zsgtalent.com .
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for an Industrial Shift Mechanic to join our client’s growing team.
Basic duties of the Industrial Shift Mechanic include performing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on industrial production equipment. You will be required to troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical systems while working individually or as a part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel.
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices
- 2+ years industrial maintenance experience
- Experience with mechanical power transmission components including couplings, bearings and gearing
- Experience with machine assembly
- Welding experience
- Knowledge of lubrication techniques and applications
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Basic knowledge of electrical principles
- Ability to repair, install and maintain manufacturing equipment
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or a related field
- Navy Nuclear Machinist's Mate
- Millwright and machining experience
- Millwright, Machine Repair, Welder or related journeyman license