Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at email@example.com
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for Industrial Shift Mechanic to join our client’s growing team.
Basic duties of the Industrial Shift Mechanic include performing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on industrial production equipment. You will be required to troubleshoot complex mechanical systems while working individually or as a part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel.
Qualifications for the position include:
- 2+ years of hands-on work experience in industrial mechanical maintenance
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices
- Experience with mechanical power transmission components including couplings, bearings, pumps and gearboxes
- Welding and fabrication experience
- Knowledge of lubrication techniques and applications
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Heavy hand tools experience, such as come-along, band saw, power jack, 48" wrency, hydraulic pump, ladder and other tools
- Hand and power tool experience, drills, air hammers, wrenches, screw drivers, pry bars, wire cutters, etc.
- Computer experience to enter data, prepare documents, and revise AutoCad drawings
- Operate mobile equipment (cranes, forklifts, vehicles)
- Basic knowledge of electrical principles
- Ability to repair, install and maintain manufacturing equipment
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in industrial maintenance of material handling systems and/or rotating equipment (pumps, gearboxes)
- Experience in stick, mig, and tig welding techniques
- Experience in construction, commissioning and start-up of industrial equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively between maintenance and production groups regarding plant and equipment issues
- Demonstrated computer skill set including experience with MS Word, Excel, and AutoCAD
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or a related field
- Millwright and machining experience
- Millwright, Machine Repair, Welder or related journeyman license
Our client offers a full benefits package including medical/dental, 401K, profit sharing and educational reimbursement.