Our client, located in the Lexington, KY area, has an immediate opening for a Materials Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall production planning/scheduling function for the facility, in conjunction with the operations group. This includes Personal Care, Health Care, Home Care, Food and Spirits segments.
- Ensure that production scheduling is effective by minimizing unnecessary downtime and ensuring that customer requirements are always exceeded. This includes proper management of inventory levels to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and that the company’s exposure to OSM is minimized for both finished goods and raw materials.
- Manage the purchases of raw materials including preforms, pallets, tier sheets, top frames, colorants, hot melt, service cartons, totes, gaylords, boxes, lubristat, stretch film, banding, etc. Also be involved in the purchase of other materials and services from outside contractors such as forklift maintenance. Monitors raw material consumption, inventory levels and develops plans to maintain production needs.
- Ensure that all projects for new customers and new products are implemented successfully through interaction with customers, suppliers, engineers, third party processes and the commercial group.
- Manage all functions of both internal and outside warehouse, including receiving, material handling, shuttling, and customer shipments.
- May negotiate and set up new vendors, as necessary. Solicits quotations and finds sources for improved products, lower cost and faster delivery.
- Communicates with customers on complaints, problems and concerns. May refer customer complaints relating to quality or production to appropriate management.
- Handles periodic physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods in accordance with company policy and reconciles actual usage as shown on SAP system. Generates inventory reports as necessary.
- Promotes continual improvement and cooperation between departments by leading cross-functional workgroups to solve problems, as designated by the Plant Manager.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education And Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Business Administration, Logistics or related field, plus 7-10 years of related experience required.
Additional related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Related APICS certification (CPIM, CSCP) preferred.
For consideration submit resume to email@example.com
Click here to apply online