We have a very exciting opportunity for a Materials Manager to join this fast-growing company and be a part of driving great success in the North American market. The primary purpose of the position will be to oversee our inventory, shipping, receiving and purchasing operations. This is a very tactical role in a business working to expand local manufacturing appropriately but will require an individual with a business acumen level to support and facilitate strategic business growth initiatives. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on professional, an excellent communicator, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. To excel in this role, material managers need in-depth knowledge of supply chain, inventory, purchasing and shipping processes. Ultimately, you are tasked with ensuring all our departments have adequate access to the materials they need. Will manage two buyers and two inventory clerks.REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and the role is located in the northern suburbs of Chicago.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with sales and engineering to identify supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate material flow to support master production schedule, including evaluating inventory levels, releasing PO’s and scheduling production work orders to meet deliveries.
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures, including all system entries and paperwork flow
- Develop and execute inventory cycle count process to assure high inventory accuracies. Manage inventory transactions to enable sound inventory management and accuracy.
- Supervise, evaluate and coach subordinates
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Ensure prompt and accurate updating of the computer systems
- Prepare reports on inventory, material usage and efficiency
- Create strategic solutions to improve material flow at all levels
- Establish procedures and supervises annual physical inventory
- Ensure expected incoming deliveries are on time
- Ensure outgoing shipments have proper paperwork and are sent in timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven managerial experience is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Analytical mind with excellent problem-solving abilities.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with a competitive benefits package.