Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Work with suppliers, functional unit manager, purchasing, production planners, I/T and other appropriate resources to strategically plan and coordinate the flow of materials and information from customers through procurement to delivery. Matrix management responsibilities with business units and support groups for production planning, shipping, receiving and inventory functions. Provide direct leadership and/or management of Purchasing and Supplier Quality functions for, Nebraska facility.
• Lead and manage all procurement and materials management activities including order placement, supplier reduction/evaluation/certification, supplier follow-up, price negotiation and compliance with government procurement regulations.
• Matrix responsibilities for Production Planning's manufacturing resource-planning activities. These activities need to help achieve division sales and RONA objectives and maintain 100% on-time customer deliveries. Matrix responsibilities for personnel involved with the MRP database to achieve and maintain a high degree of data accuracy, integrity, and ownership.
• Monitors shipping/receiving performance and investigates discrepancies to resolve/eliminate process deficiencies
• Help define and implement automated systems to plan and track material flow from customers through procurement to delivery to support a supply chain management strategy.
• Ensure all the location(s) material management policies are consistent with the inventory control objectives of the Corporation.
• Work closely with divisional materials personnel to maintain continuity with purchasing and supplier management processes
• Facilitate corporate purchasing and materials initiatives including common part numbers, supplier managed inventory, consolidated purchasing agreements, supplier reduction and supplier quality certifications.
• Advise on supplier-managed inventory or supplier-based contracts with customers.
• Support internal or external audit requirements relative to the planning, procurement or inventory control functions.
• Prepare and manage department budget within established guidelines.
• Effectively create and sustain procurement to delivery material and system cost reduction programs.
Qualifications:Click here to apply online