Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for a Materials Manager. The successful incumbent will provide leadership to the Materials organization, which includes the following cross functional areas: Procurement, Planning, Logistics and Production Control. The function will also manage the inventory process along with finance and operations. The Manager of Materials will ensure there is a strategic framework to ensure product demand is met in accordance but not limited to, with the Magellan Operating System™ (MOS™) requirements and any additional divisional policy.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Proactively identify potential business issues and/or supply constraints, develop risk mitigation plans, negotiate and implement supply contracts and master agreements as required to reduce cost and optimize performance.
- When applicable, lead Strategic Offload initiative in accordance with MOS™
- Manage and optimize supply chain logistics-procurement, in accordance with MOS™ policy, and areas such as planning, demand management, master scheduling & shipping/receiving & warehousing.
- Establish appropriate inventory targets in accordance with MOS™ Inventory Management principles and insure that a MOS™ compliant Cycle Time Reduction process is being effectively and efficiently executed. Ensure supplier on-time delivery performance of >98%.
- Responsible for managing the monthly Rate Review Meetings in accordance with MOS™ policy 5.04. The Rate Review meeting is the central decision making event for Executive Division Management and entails a detailed review of all part numbers Line of Balance.
- Identify and implement best in class technology, infrastructure suitable to the scope & size of the business plus disciplines that underlie a supply chain operation in accordance with MOS™ Policy 5.06.
- Travel between Magellan divisions and key suppliers
- Drive operational excellence across the network by fully implementing MOS™ principles
- Ensure all regulatory & compliance measures are met (Ex. AS9100, ISO14000, ITAR’s etc.)
- Assure logistic chain synchronization and apply metrics to improve supplier performance.
- Estimates & plans demand using a MOS™ compliant level loaded methodology.
- Control orders pipeline & distribution in accordance with MOS™ principles
- Supervise and mentor direct reports: Buyers, Logistic Manager, Material Control Manager. Establish goals and objectives with direct reports.
- Member of Corporate Procurement Council and lead Procurement initiatives as required
- Oversees strategic global outsourcing in accordance with MOS™ policy.
- Drive efficiencies through reduced cycle time, waste reduction, continuous improvement and adherence to MOS™ and internal policies and procedures.
- 4 year College Business Degree or equivalent in Materials Management is preferred, degree in Business or Engineering
- Professional license & certification (SCMP, CPIM, P. Eng. and CSCP)
- SAP experience will be considered an asset
- 2-5 year work experience in a manufacturing environment preferably aerospace
- Participation in MOS™ Management Training Program preferred
- Inter-Divisional Magellan Experience and knowledge an asset
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!