Title: Materials Handler
City: Budd Lake
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-5511243662
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Materials Handler to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Budd Lake, NJ.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Prepare and package parts and products in preparation for shipment.
- Receive and store incoming materials in the main stockroom facility.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects.
- Issue parts and material to production work orders.
- Restock Point of Use locations of bulk material on the production floor.
- Conduct inventory cycle counts of material on a weekly basis.
- Trace lost shipments and/or file claims for lost or damaged items.
- Perform administrative functions such as maintaining department databases and preparing routine reports.
- May operate material handling equipment that could include forklift, electric pallet jack, shrink-wrap machine, carousel, order-pickers.
- Previous material handling experience in electronics industry is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle WMS, Ta-15, and logistic carrier databases preferred.
- Track record of increasing effectiveness or reducing waste in process steps, familiarity with LEAN methodologies is preferred.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds, without assistance.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods.
- Demonstrates effective listening and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Demonstrated success in a diverse, team-oriented work environment.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Experience with MS Suite of applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.