Title: Materials Handler
Job Code: EB-1162094069
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Materials Handler to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Calabasas, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- First point of contact for questions and escalations from a team of material handlers
- Provide one on one training to new employees, in compliance with local, state, and federal requirements and within written job description
- Prepare and ship items using the appropriate shipping method, select appropriate shipping container, pack items for safe delivery.
- Prepare bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receive and unload incoming materials and use available tools to verify accuracy of shipments.
- Sort, count, package, label, insure, unpack, and/or log inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notify supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Routinely perform administrative functions such as maintaining department databases, prepare routine reports, file shipping and receiving records.
- May operate material handling equipment that could include forklift, electric pallet jacks, shrink-wrap machines, carousels, walkie-stackers, order pickers as needed
- Minimum of 2 years of previous material handling experience required.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds, without assistance.
- Experience with Oracle WMS, TA-15, and logistic carrier databases preferred.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods.
- Demonstrates effective listening and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Demonstrated success in a diverse, team-oriented work environment.
- Experience with operation of material handling equipment preferred.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Experience with MS Suite of applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.