Title: Materials Handler
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1628823860
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Materials Handler to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Loveland, CO.
This is a long-term, at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Prepare and ship items using the appropriate shipping method, select appropriate shipping container, pack items for safe delivery.
- Prepare bills of lading; check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Maintain compliance with all state, federal, and international import and export requirements.
- Receive and unload incoming materials and uses available tools to verify accuracy of shipments.
- Sort, count, package, label, insure, unpack, and/or log inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Deliver items to requisitioning departments and obtain authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Trace lost shipments and/or file claims for lost or damaged items.
- Perform administrative functions such as maintaining department databases, prepare routine reports, file shipping and receiving records.
- May operate material handling equipment that could include forklift, electric pallet jacks, shrink-wrap machines, carousels, walkie-stackers, order pickers as needed.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, written work instructions, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Perform miscellaneous logistics related administrative duties as assigned.
- Previous material handling experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with LEAN methodologies is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle WMS, TA-15, and logistic carrier databases preferred.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods.
- Demonstrate effective listening and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Demonstrated success in a diverse, team-oriented work environment.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with operation of material handling equipment preferred.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Experience with MS Suite of applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds, without assistance.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.