Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Material Planner at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Material Planner will be responsible for coordinating the material plan and the resources required to support production. They will contribute to the ongoing maintenance and integrity of MRP planning factors, and must understand the impact of those factors on the production process. The Material Planner will also coordinate and collaborate with internal customers and management to implement actions to support production planning.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Continuous maintenance and validation of the material plan; balancing the supply, demand and capacity relationship; action MRP system generated exception messages.
- Perform data analysis to optimize planning parameters to assist in the maintenance of a doable material plan (cycle times, lead times, batch sizes, inventory levels).
- Create and maintain reports to monitor KPIs in alignment with business objectives.
- Identify and react to bottleneck operations/resources based on load and capacity analysis; adjust operational data to balance load and capacity using established practices.
- Conduct meetings as required to create action plans to support the planning department.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Grade XII combined with Post-secondary education or 6-10 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- APICS / CPIM education desirable; Applicant can be enrolled and working towards certification fulfillment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. ERP systems is a plus.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.