The position requires working with various groups within the company to obtain information which will assist in setting appropriate stocking levels, developing forecasts, minimizing inventory while maximizing material availability as measured by Net Inventory Turns & company's ability to ship on-time, complete and accurate.
• Analyze component inventory for assigned product lines to determine the appropriate stocking levels to meet requirements.
• Determine material requirements via Oracle MRP Order Report
• Daily Confirmation of Material Orders to Purchasing and follow up as required
• Weekly Cancellation of Material Orders to Purchasing
• Analyze usage history, vendor lead times, installed database, and maintain appropriate min/max stocking levels .
• Daily analysis of component delivery schedules to ensure no material shortages and early deliveries.
• Ensure material is delivered as promised by suppliers to exceed customer expectations
• Interact with other departments including Product Development and Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, and Service to assist in setting component stocking levels which will achieve 100% customer satisfaction
• Gather support information from various groups
• Analyze data to assist in forecasting component demand
• Enhance current Reporting System to Streamline / Eliminate Non-value added tasks.
• Work with purchasing to identify ways to reduce component lead time
• Process ECN/ECO’s as required to ensure proper stock within 24 hours.
• Maintain strong knowledge and keep up to date on product lines
• Work with Purchasing to return excess material to suppliers for credit
• Work with Purchasing to set up new components on JIT delivery schedules
• Work with Engineering/Purchasing to determine make/buy decision for new components
• Identify excess/obsolete component parts for scrap
• Work as part of the Material Review Board to disposition Non-Conforming Material
• Support customer down production requirements as required
• Prepare special analysis as requested/required
• Provide material planning support to regional officers as required
• Actively participate in the ongoing improvement process
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of basic inventory principles to manage service part inventories
• Basic understanding of MRP
• Manages many tasks simultaneously, very well organized
• Ability to handle potentially frustrating situations
• Ability to read technical manuals and engineering drawings helpful
• Efficient at using computerized business systems, Oracle based
• Works efficiently in a team environment and cooperate with other representatives/employees
• Detail orientated
• Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Courteous, helpful and professional demeanor
• Bachelors degree in business or equivalent inventory control or technical work experience
• 3-5 years experience in a material management capacity
• Specialized certification preferred (e.g. APICS).
• Ability to master product technical knowledge