Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Material Handling Shift Supervisor to join our client’s growing team.Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at email@example.com
Duties of the Material Handling Shift Supervisor include:
- Leadership to ensure the successful movements and management of made to order products
- Servant leadership with a strong focus on relationship building and safety.
- Grow and develop a team for new green field steel mill
- Analyze data to find opportunities where performance and/or technical skills can continually improve.
- Effective interaction with all personnel at the facility
Qualifications for the position include:
- 5+ yrs of Leadership experience in material handling or related field
- 5+ yrs of experience in Logistics
- 3+ yrs of experience in metals industry
- Excellent organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail, analyze information and initiate decision making.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with an orientation towards continuous improvement
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in all three shipping modes: rail, truck and barge.
- Experience shipping plate material
- Start-up experience
- Track record of continual growth and development