Title: Material Handler
City: Huntington Beach
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-4943311978
Tekberry is looking for highly qualified and motivated Materials Handler to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Huntington Beach, CA.
This is a swing shift position.
- Guides, assists and supports co-workers and performs repetitive assembly operations to mass-produce products such as galleys, closets, crew rests, etc. for commercial transportation.
- Assists and supports co-workers engaged in fabrication of parts and/or assembly of products by performing the following duties.
- Promote cooperation and positive communication with co-workers.
- Lifts, positions, and removes production units from machines or assembly area.
- Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, dies, and work in process by hand or truck.
- Cleans and prepares production units for fabricating, welding, painting, assembly, or shipping.
- Picks up and trucks scrap from work areas.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine duties.
- Removes excess glue.
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Bond, screws, glues, or otherwise attaches parts together.
- Drills, countersinks, and rivets sheet metal parts.
- Installs attachment fittings, as assigned.
- Prepares and organizes tools and parts for use in the manufacturing area.
- Requisitions stockroom parts.
- Verifies unit dimensions before installing inserts, rivets, blind nuts, blocks, angles, doublers, and fittings.
- Cuts, fits, and bonds extrusion to shape per Engineering Drawing.
- Works at different workstations require.
- Tasks may vary as different units complete certain phases of production.
- Perform field service and other duties as assigned by management.
- 1-2 years of prior similar experience
- Must have sensitivity to safety regulations and requirements.
- Must be able to work within the time constraints dictated by customer requests.
- Must be able to guide and instruct other assemblers who may need assistance.
- Must be able to self-inspect personal work and correct discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Must be able to effectively control and manipulate various pneumatic and hand tools such as drills, notchers, shears, screwdrivers, clamps, and pliers.
- Must be able to safely operate a chop saw, band saw, disk/belt sander, and a milling machine as required.
- Must be able to read Engineering Drawings and assemble units with little or no supervision.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in interpreting Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as required.
- Must meet or exceed current training requirements.
- Must be willing to be available to assist in other areas of the company, as directed by lead or supervisor.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.