Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Schedules, releases work orders, maintains inventory levels, compiles and records production data to prepare records and reports on various aspects of production.
- Interfaces with various departments (i.e. Planning, Manufacturing, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Receiving, Engineering, and Contracts)
- Working knowledge of MRP system
- Releases work orders along with all required documentation and reviews for accuracy. Contacts respective department/individual when corrections are needed
- Maintains electronic records of part serialization to meet customer requirements
- Compiles and records data from such documents as scrapped parts, new orders, and work orders
- Transfers materials from one contract to another, utilizing cost transfer forms to Accounting
- Maintains files of documents used and prepared
- Other duties as necessary
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Inventory Management and/or Production Planning preferred.
- Understanding of functional aspects of MRP is preferred.
- Certification from APICS a plus.
- Requires good communication skills with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Most of time is spent in an office setting, occasional plant environment.
- Each employee must practice safety awareness by thinking defensively, anticipate unsafe situations, report unsafe conditions immediately and comply with all safety regulations.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- 401K Plan
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Positive work-life balance
- Employee Assistance Program
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.