Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Master Scheduler at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Master Scheduler is the planning link between customer requirements and production. The incumbent's main responsibility is to implement a Master Production Schedule that supports production and delivery requirements. The Master Scheduler performs these functions in compliance with Magellan Operating System Policies and Procedures.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Create, monitor, and maintain a Master Production Schedule that is a doable plan for all firm and prospective customer requirements.
- Evaluate customer demand to develop level loaded, doable schedules that meet the delivery schedule while minimizing lead times and optimizing inventory levels.
- Participate in the quotation review process for prospective work quotations to propose a Master Production Schedule.
- Review and analyze load and capacity, queue and moves, lead times, and material requirements to validate schedule feasibility and identify potential shortfalls.
- Ensure that all eligible prospective work and firm work is profiled and maintained through Rough Cut Capacity planning.
- Evaluate internally driven and customer driven deviations to the schedule to ensure that doable plans are maintained and major disruptions to the MPS are avoided.
- Chair monthly cross-functional Rate Review Meetings to flag risks and communicate changes to the level loaded Master Production Schedule.
- Communicate with external customers to demonstrate planning capabilities and rate readiness.
- Ensure that planning parameters in the MPS/MRP system are routinely reviewed and kept up to date.
- Co-ordinate the execution of the plan with Material Planning, Production, Procurement, and Contracts.
- Produce daily and weekly reports to present concise status of progress and actions.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Grade XII diploma and relevant post-secondary education.
- APICS certification desired.
- 7-10 years in a Manufacturing environment (preferably in Aerospace).
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of Production and Inventory Management.
- Broad understanding of Supply Chain activities
- Demonstrated capability with MRP systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.