Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Mississauga has an exciting opportunity for knowledgeable and experienced Master Scheduler. In this dynamic full-time position, the successful candidate will be the main driver for all plant-wide scheduling activities. They will set up, maintain and execute the master production schedule, policies and procedures.
- Establish master schedule that supports all firm requirements and customer’s agreed to line of balance (CATLOB) for delivery.
- Develop and monitor performance of the production plan and sales forecast, working closely with Program Management, Production Control, Operations, and Finances.
- Develop and maintain workload and capacity plan for all firm and prospective work.
- Perform capacity simulations to identify potential problems or shortfalls and recommend alternatives or solution.
- Evaluate and develop level loaded, doable schedules for prospective work quotations and participate in the quotation review process.
- Set- up, maintain, and execute master schedule and MRP policies and procedures
- Compliance to departmental and divisional performance metrics: on-time loading and completion, timely schedule alignments, inventory management and reduction, arrears reduction, etc.
- 3-5 year’s experience as a Master Scheduler or Program Planner in the manufacturing industry
- APICS Certified (or at least working towards certification)
- Expert Level in Microsoft Excel
- Thorough knowledge of MRP/ERP system
- Knowledge of concepts/consequences related to inventory.
- Supervisory experience in building effective team
- Excellent computer skills
- Analytical skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Controlled Goods clearance and a Reliability security clearance
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)