Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Master Production Scheduler.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The Master Production Scheduler is responsible for all Customer requirements across UK Magellan sites. You will be responsible for maintaining a Master Production Schedule that is representative of all customer demands and build rates, balanced for inventory and capacity, through the use of MPS, MRP and visual planning aids where applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Ensure no unauthorized product quantities are procured.
- Validate the material plan by analysing and reacting to the various system generated material and inventory exception reports, identifying any manufacturing material or subcontract shortages in the material plan and ensure corrective actions are undertaken.
- Contribute to company goals and targets on cash flow, inventory turns, safety, stock levels, productivity and delivery performance.
- Analyse both manufactured and purchased parts, to maximise and efficiently release procurement and production activities, maintaining continuity and work flow.
- Facilitate and attend meetings, maintaining a proactive approach to programme changes and requirements.
- Communicate re-promise or reschedule requests to the appropriate Manager for approval, auctioning all approved changes in the MPS/MRP plan to reflect the new requirements.
- Provide reports, KPI’s and information that comply with all company and departmental policy and procedures (MOS)
- Contribute to the overall efficiency and growth of the planning department.
- Provide guidance and training to Production Schedulers where required.
- Ensuring all cell level metrics and KPI’s are kept up to date, including the updating of EFACS (ERP system) with any cell based operational changes.
- To be able to calculate OEE Management (capacity utilisation)
- Actively manage stock parameters and when necessary challenge levels of stock held– (MBQ’s etc.)
- Undergraduate working towards a degree in manufacturing or engineering disciplines
- Will have a good statistical mind and be used to analysing data trends and recommending improvements to reporting or data exchange and planning processes.
- Operational experience within manufacturing environment with good understanding of deadline requirements and customer demands.
- Excellent understanding of MPS & MRP systems and transactions.
- Ability to communicate and organise schedules in-line with system capabilities
- Good I.T. skills and understanding of Windows based software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of Engineering BOM’s, Routing’s and Stock Parameters
- Understanding of Schedule details, Capacity Planning, Finite & Infinite systems and operations.
- Ability to read reports and understand MPS & MRP outputs – MBQ’s, ROQ’s, OEE Analysis of Bookings, Lead-time management,
- Support New Product Development & Introduction, with experience of translating into an MPS / Doable plan.
- Keen eye for detail
- think outside of the box
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of t