Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a Masker
- Full Time- Permanent Contract.
- Nights, Monday – Thursday 6pm to 4am
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
To ensure all components are masked as required before painting process and CAD plating process. Part marking components either by hand or by Video Jet Machine. Unmasking components after painting and plating process.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Masking components using various jigs and tapes
- Maintain a quality product throughout all processes
- Good Housekeeping skills
- Be health and safety vigilant
- Cleaning components
- Unmasking components after painting/plating process
- Some heavy lifting involved
- Various forms of part marking
- Filling engraving with paint (with brush)
- Standing for long periods of time
- Use of some chemicals
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Good practical co-ordination skills
- Ability to interpret and comply with varying company and customer requirements and specifications
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!