Masker (Day Shift)
United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has a great opportunity for a Masker. The successful incumbent will be responsible for making sure products are masked to route card instruction and customer specification with supervision. The Masker is also responsible for loading and unloading product to and from carts and baskets, to use the correct masking material associated with the process being performed in a correct and timely manner. They must be able to use sharp instruments associated with the job such as razor blades and knives in a safe manner. Please note this position operates under the Day Shift. The pay range is $16/hr to $18/hr.
- Responsible for efficient and safe material handling, storage, distribution and transportation of goods
- Safely operates required equipment.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and teamwork in meeting goals and objectives
- Commitment to process excellence by ensuring proper, efficient and accurate use of the process
- Communicate well with leadership, team members and other departments
- Able to read, understand and follow written instructions such as masking instruction on route cards
- Use measuring equipment such as rulers and calipers as required by specific jobs to measure an area requiring masking per customer instructions
- Able to write and record all information required on documentation such as filling out required information on route cards related to time and materials utilized in the masking process
- Communicates any or all lack of understanding of route card or verbal instructions
- Track masking supplies and ask Supervisor to order in a timely manner and maintain an accurate list of materials and supplies for ordering purposes.
- Scans jobs completed as per training on the computer.
- Must identify jobs which are not ready to mask (not yet NDT, inspected, etc.)
- Label carts and baskets when jobs are complete with processing placards and moves the product to the next area of processing
- Use knives and other equipment required in a safe manner, i.e. trim masking while protecting person and parts from injury/damage.
- Exhibit good hand to eye coordination.
- Identify equipment issues as they arise and notify the area leader and maintenance
- Able to identify and apply pre-cut templates as required
- Must be capable of training entry level personnel
- Deals professionally with auditors, management and other internal personnel.
- Must keep the work area clean, orderly and free of hazards as per 5S instructions and agreements
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and in a self-disciplined manner to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong work ethic
- Strong math and reading skills
- Ability to relate to and work well with people
- Attention to fine detail and tolerances required
- Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories.
- Ability to write legible notes and communicate with coworkers and superiors in English.
- Spanish would be a plus.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)