Position: Marketing Manager (Group Benefits) - Level 3 - JP5922
Duration: 14 months contract
Location: Remote for now and later Waterloo, ON
- Group Benefits (GB) serves the needs of plan sponsors (companies) and members (employees), and market sources to help make Canadians lives better. When employees live a little better, organizations are healthier and stronger.
- The GB Marketing team is accountable for developing sound marketing strategies to support growth objectives and distinguish as the premier service provider in the Group Benefits industry.
- Within Group Benefits Marketing, we are creating and driving a consumer-centric, digital-first, member engagement strategies. Enabling to build a trusted relationship with all Group Benefits members across Canada.
Your mandate is to:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of marketing tactics, programs and projects to support Group Benefits.
- Lead small to medium-sized projects, from inception to launch; develop marketing plans for member engagement.
- Ensure marketing plans are informed by insights and competitive intel and rooted in business objectives and marketing objectives with keen focus on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and follow a project plan task list, ensuring successful delivery on all aspects of projects including the development and implementation of quality marketing tactics, social media initiatives.
Strategic & Project Management
- Support complex projects from end-to-end -- aligning research, KPIs, marketing collateral, digital and social strategies, support materials, ROI assessments and post implementation reviews.
- Be diligent in campaign management by following a project plan task list, ensuring successful delivery on all aspects of each project, including quality marketing materials and timely execution of each task.
- Optimize the project’s activities, providing recommendations and ensuring alignment with the marketing strategy, project timeline and budget.
- Collaborate with a team of agile partners who play a critical role as models for change, digital experts and consumer advocates.
- Be relentlessly up to date on emerging and future trends across all relevant industries to identify and grow business opportunities.
- Actively look for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance.
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Develop and manage project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, defining success criteria, project milestones, and budgets.
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
- Ability to influence, recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management.
What will be expected from Me?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing related field.
- 5-8 years relevant experience developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Experience in planning and executing marketing campaigns.
- Experience in B2B enterprise marketing.
- Knowledge and expertise in digital and social marketing tactics and strategies.
- Knowledge of the financial services / group benefits industry considered beneficial.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and innovative thinking skills
- Strong ability to work in an environment of rapid change
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong client and relationship management skills
- Strong business planning and project management skills
- Strong digital and social media skills
What we bring
- A bold ambition and set of goals to drive transformation in our industry
- A mission for “Decisions made easier. Lives made better.”
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- Our best. Every day.