Our Fortune 300 client is a leader in their retail business segment with sales and profit increases year-after-year and record-breaking earnings for 2019. Forbes also recognized them as being one of America's Best Employers.
As the right-hand to the Sr. Marketing Manager and Director of Customer Analytics, you will play a crucial role by leveraging data to develop and present stories that drive Marketing and business strategies in a data-driven organization. You will structure and manage projects that translate customer data into actionable insights that influence business decisions through appropriate quantitative approaches, statistical measures, and analyses. In this highly visible role, you will present your findings and recommendations to multiple internal groups in the company, including Senior leadership.
As the data manipulation and data mining leader, supporting the analysis and reporting needs of cross-functional stakeholders and Executives, you will be responsible for both independent and collaborative insights generation on customer segments, categories, and markets. You'll manage analysis and interpretation of a wide variety of customer data and research while also generating reports, monitoring the customer experience in stores and online, and making recommendations to improve departmental reporting that directly impacts EBITA. You will also assist with planning and forecasting sales and providing strategic direction to Marketing through analysis of data and customer audience insights that will improve the marketing campaigns' effectiveness. Additionally, you will be deeply involved in the Customer Analytics team's growth by mentoring other analysts and providing thought leadership to improve analytic strategies and the team structure.
Leading strategic conversations across the organization and with senior leadership teams, you'll have the opportunity to exert significant lateral and upward influence and manage others as deemed appropriate by the Sr. Manager and Director. Because of this, you must be a clear communicator, critical thinker, self-motivated, capable of taking on multiple projects with increasing levels of complexity, and possess a strong quantitative background. Having a fervent curiosity about consumer behavior and psychology is a must. Once it is safe to do so, relocation will be required.
- Manage multiple analytical projects, understanding the business needs and leadership priorities; able to meet tangential deadlines.
- Analyze large amounts of customer data to isolate key trends and business opportunities; develop actionable solutions and recommendations.
- Prepare and present actionable insights to senior leadership, address key questions, and drive omnichannel customer retention, reactivation, and acquisition strategies.
- Select, manage, and collaborate with key external partners.
- Identify statistical approaches; build and implement customer data models and reporting to support the business.
- Act as the subject matter expert for advanced test design and evaluation; make recommendations to improve existing analytics processes and deliverables.
- Define, measure, and report on key business performance metrics for current and new initiatives.
- Conduct exploratory analysis of customer and transaction data and competitive and industry activities to identify new business improvement opportunities.
- Ensure data integrity by leveraging proven methodologies, including data reconciliation, data integration, and data audits.
- Effectively communicate – actively listen to others' needs, internally and externally – to understand and provide accurate information or solutions.
- Mentor and guide junior team members in analytic techniques and skills to help drive team success.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or a related analytical degree. A Master's degree is a plus
- 8+ years of experience in Retail Marketing, Consumer Marketing, or Digital Marketing, focusing on customer analytics and/or data mining and preparing/presenting insights to cross-functional business partners, including Senior and Executive levels of leadership. Experience in the Retail and/or CPG industry is a plus
- Proficiency in query language (e.g., SQL or equivalent), statistical software (e.g., SAS or equivalent), and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience using basic statistical techniques, such as multiple (non)linear regression, survival analysis, clustering, decision trees, event-based modeling, or others.
- Fluency in and/or understanding of AI platforms and AI techniques.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with sound knowledge of statistical and forecasting methods.
- Solid understanding of and/or experience working with digital marketing channels, customer research, tag management systems, and analytical platform integrations is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, meeting aggressive deadlines, prioritizing appropriately, and responding to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude.
- Proven track record as a self-starter, taking ownership and driving results.
- Expertise with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Passion for data and using it to better understand customer behavior.