Position: Marketing Communications Consultant II - JP6381
Duration: 1 year
Location: Remote for now and later Toronto Downtown
Working remote due to pandemic, with the return to office date unknown as this time. Expected to be in-person for partial time once we return to the office (likely not until 2022).
Bachelor Degree preferred with focus of Marketing, Communication or Finance
- The Marketing Communications Consultant serves the Business Units and Distribution Channels by assisting to strengthen their marketing strategies and transforming these into industry-leading marketing solutions that deliver a superior Advisor experience.
- This role provides expertise and consultation to clients on aspects of marketing pieces including the development of creative communications and design solutions, appropriate selection of delivery media and technology for maximum impact in the marketplace.
- The incumbent will manage specific large projects as assigned by the Director, Marketing and Communications.
- Taking these projects from fact gathering through project design to completion.Responsibilities:50% Development of Marketing
- Consultation with compliance, supervision, sales management and/or product/marketing management to determine needs and delivery requirements
- Requires clear understanding of content need.
- Working with the person who initiated the content (head office or sales), clarifying the purpose of the content, key audiences and results required.
- Negotiating and acting as a liaison between internal home office departments to obtain agreement on the content and purpose
- Develop work back schedule Prioritization of content with Director, Marketing and Communications
- Negotiating delivery date with internal client Build content outline or take existing content and rework it so it has a clear, organized outline
- Review marketing materials, contracts, supplementary materials and competitor information to understand the product, sales messages and positioning
- Build presentation and/or rework existing presentation
- Write speaker notes
- Review with internal client and make changes as needed
- Put through the Marketing Approvals Process (SMAR); work through required changes/recommendations may involve negotiation in order to meet the client objectives
- Accountable for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- 50% Project Management
- This role provides overall direction and project management for specified programs and projects involving internal and external production resources.
- Role includes all aspects of project management including establishing the business case, project and marketing plan.
- Responsible for setting up and running project and control groups.
- Negotiating timelines and deliverables.
- Presenting regular project updates to management and negotiating approvals for major project expenditures.
- Overall accountability for delivering project on time and on budget.
- 10% Collaborative Team Support Shares best practices with other team members, thus ensuring consistency across BUs and channels in the way Signator does business, and in its delivery of products and services.
- Provide assistance to Director, Marketing and Communications and other team members on projects or during vacations
- 5+ combined years in the Financial services such as Insurance, Estate Planning, Finance and Compliance fields with exemplary results
- Extensive marketing and / or communications experience
- Extensive interface with the Advisor communities
- Knowledge of assigned customer operations model, strategic thrusts and products and services
- Developed relationship management skills Solid project management background
- Strong oral and written communication skills primarily in one-to-one client service communications
- Strong interpersonal skills that model corporate core values
- Sound business acumen, judgment and decision-making
- Comfortable in both challenging technical and interpersonal environments
- Strong negotiating skills Self motivated University / College graduate