Market Planner II
Recruitment Partners is a preferred vendor for a Major Public Organization within the City of Edmonton!
We are currently recruiting for a number of Professionals for various immediate temporary positions with the City!
This Market Planner II is a great opportunity to gain experience, enhance your resume and allow you to develop your overall skills!
This is professional level market planning and/or supervising work in the development of market strategies for various products and services offered by the City of Edmonton. Employees of this class undertake complex market planning studies related to specific products and services in order to ensure a competitive market share and to attain marketing goals and budgeted revenues. Work centers around the management, development and implementation of effective marketing strategies and has a general emphasis in market research, product and service evaluation and sales forecasting.
Work of this classification is differentiated from that of the Market Planner I class by the responsibility for major projects involving the performance of advanced technical and/or supervisory work of a complex and professional nature. Supervision may be exercised over employees involved at a technical/sub-professional level in the management of components of the overall marketing program for a department. Work is reviewed periodically by a managerial supervisor for adherence to established policy and procedures of marketing and by the extent to which objectives and goals are achieved.
Employees are required to coordinate information necessary to keep abreast of competition marketing initiatives, to plan alternative strategies for new or existing products and to provide final recommendations to a professional supervisor or department manager on plans of action. This requires considerable liaison with other civic departments, the business community, promotion agencies, industrial associations and various agencies according to changing market conditions. Employees work with considerable independence and initiative in completing assigned projects and are expected to utilize professional judgement in recommending alternative market strategies and marketing viability of goods and services.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Recommends to final authority plan and course of action on products service portfolio, policy or procedure in order to optimize department revenue or position in the market place.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and implements departmental marketing strategies and budgets for product/service portfolios.
- Directs the implementation of recommendations by determining advertising/promotional programs, administrative and tracking procedures and pricing strategies.
- Analyses and evaluates market and product information, capital and human resource requirements and determines compatibility with department corporate goals and objectives.
- Prepares executive reports relating to the evaluation and viability of various goods and services, sales and marketing forecasts, and potential marketability of new as well as existing products and services.
- Liaises with other departments and outside organizations to gather data related to demand, acquisition, sales potential and market trends.
- Interprets existing market policies and procedures as well as bylaws regulations that effect the marketing function.
- Performs related work as required.
Your strengths include:
- University graduation in Commerce or a related technical field with major coursework in Marketing and four (4) years' marketing experience supplemented by at least one (1) year related experience within the area of specialization.
- Those positions that include supervision also require two (2) years supervisory experience in a similar organization.
- Thorough knowledge of City and departmental policy and procedures which govern marketing functions.
- Thorough knowledge of the functional capabilities of the various product lines, reality and services offered by various civic departments.
- Thorough knowledge of the accepted techniques and principles of product and services evaluation and of the methodologies involved in market research and analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of departmental operations with respect to the sale and promotion of product lines and services.
- Thorough knowledge of market trends in the applicable industry.
- Ability to direct and supervise the activities of subordinate staff.
- Ability to analyze inter-related factors as it pertains to planning and market conditions.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to express ideas effectively in oral or written formats.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Crystal Horner and Sherri Bowles.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!