Market Planner I
Recruitment Partners is a preferred vendor for a Major Public Organization within the City of Edmonton!!
We are currently recruiting for a number of Professionals for various immediate temporary positions with the City.
This Market Planner I is a great opportunity to gain experience, enhance your resume and allow you to develop your overall skills!
This is technical/sub-professional market planning work in the development of market strategies for products and services offered by the City of Edmonton. Employees of this class use marketing concepts and philosophies in support of the Department's goals and objectives to ensure these are accomplished in a cost effective manner. Work performed covers a variety of products and services marketed to the public. Incumbents are required to use initiative and resourcefulness in performing market research, feasibility studies, technological impact studies and operational reviews of the products and service under review. Incumbents will develop, monitor and analyze existing market strategies and ensure that information collected is correctly reported to the supervisor.
In some departments incumbents act as a consultant providing research, advice and assistance to other departmental staff on market strategies and alternatives to departmental goals. Employees work with independence and initiative in completing work which is assigned, scheduled and supervised by a professional supervisor who reviews or inspects results and proposals to ensure adherence to instructions and conformance with departmental guidelines and marketing standards.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Undertakes market research and studies as input to studies of market share, customer analysis, new product programming, cost components and leasing and contract agreements.
- Researches and prepares a variety of reports related to the evaluation for lease agreements, product lines, sales and market forecasts and potential marketability of goods and services.
- Reviews and analyzes various technical reports, cost and revenue information and other sources of data relative to the sale of product, promotion of facilities and leasing of property/services to tenants.
- Liaises with other departments and outside organizations to gather data related to commercial leasing agreements, fee structures, product usage, demand, market trends, competition activities, etc.
- Assists in the development of marketing policies and procedures, departmental marketing plan or property management programming.
- Interprets existing marketing policies, procedures and bylaws that affect the marketing function.
- Performs related work as required.
Your strengths include:
- University graduation in Commerce or a related technical field with major coursework in marketing and two (2) years’ marketing experience.
- Knowledge of the accepted techniques and principles of product and service evaluation and of the methodologies involved in market research and analysis.
- Some knowledge of market trends in the applicable industry or area of specialization.
- Some knowledge of departmental operations with respect to the marketing of products, property and services.
- Ability to analyze inter-related factors pertaining to product and service planning and market conditions.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and the business/community.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, in oral or written format.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Crystal Horner and Sherri Bowles.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!