As the Market Development Manager you will apply your understanding of our value proposition to identify, quantify, and open the door with new customers to achieve profitable sales growth. You are responsible for delivering assigned market segment insights that would benefit from our solutions and services and establish relationships with customer decision makers that will be shared with our sales team. Do you have a “hunter” mentality and enjoy discovering opportunities to apply new solutions that provide value for assigned market segments? Do you have the experience and desire to navigate company organization structures to identify and connect with key decision makers? Apply today and join our team!
- Deliver value and accretive growth in an assigned target segment.
- Responsible for proactively identifying customer opportunities that will benefit from our solutions.
- Find end customer applications that fit the company’s value proposition to drive sales growth.
- Provide qualified pipeline of convertible opportunities.
- Communicate to internal / external stakeholders market trends, segment growth expectations.
- Collaborate with marketing, product management, and sales to ensure the needs of new industries and product specifications are met and executed according to customer expectations.
- Utilize digital marketing and social media channels to identify, develop and grow customer engagement, and partner with marketing to develop content to support the achievement of sales goals.
- Use the CRM system to provide transparency and ongoing communication about qualified customer information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills, including active listening, high engagement, able to work with diverse groups of people in a team environment, and able to interact with people at all levels, both within and outside of the company.
- Ability to understand and apply market research that leads to the development of strategic action plans and tactical execution.
- High impact verbal and written communication skills, including the development and facilitation of presentations, with the ability to convey technical information and market analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Mechanical/technical aptitude to understand, interpret and propose products or solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Strong planning and organizing skills, demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with the organization and individual goals.
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to propose technically relevant solutions.
- Strong business acumen to understand how our solutions financially impact the customer.
- Seeks feedback from various sources to make informed decisions, including feedback about personal performance.
- Experience applying digital and social media to identify, grow and sustain customer engagement.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and achievement of results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and industry-specific analysis software.
- Driver’s license and valid passport to travel outside the country, as needed.
Education and Required Experience
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in customer sales/marketing engagement identifying and/or selling value.
- Experience working in an engineered-to-order industrial or manufacturing business.