Our Client is an innovative family owned company with offices in LA and TX. They provide heavy-duty engines, equipment, service and support for customers in the Marine and Industrial/Oilfield markets.
Our client seeks a Diesel Technician. As a Marine Diesel Mechanic you will inspect, service and repair marine and industrial equipment. Servicing this industry is demanding on Technicians. Irregular daily hours, late nights, weekends, holidays, and so on. But it's a requirement to provide our operators with the support they need, yet it doesn't mean the life of a Technician has to be all work. Our client combats the demanding scheduling by offering the following:
- Flexibility with Technician hours
- Maximum 1 week per month on call rotation
- Competitive wages
- Company Truck
- Medical Insurance with 100% employer paid option for employees
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability Plans
- 401k plans with company match
- 3 weeks paid time off for new team members
- Company paid holidays
In this role, you will:
- Diagnose, repair and service marine and industrial equipment, including marine propulsion engines, generators, and pump engines.
- Follow service manuals, procedures, and schematics to remove and install components.
- Exhibit safe work habits and comply with all company regulations.
- Provide troubleshooting and after-sale support to resolve customer issues.
- Maintain service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- May perform other duties as required by business needs.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a diesel mechanic preferred. Marine diesel mechanic or technician preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Must own a good foundation of tools to perform the job duties.
Skills you will need:
- High energy with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Willing to face complex issues head on and work through challenges to build a stronger organization.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team with diverse personalities.
- Strong customer service mentality.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read schematics, parts diagrams and service manuals.
What you can expect as a Technician:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crawl and climb ladders.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to grasp hand tools and parts.
- Regularly works around mechanical equipment and may be exposed to high noise levels at times
Our client is committed to the success of the company and fellow team members. They achieve that through teamwork and completing every task with the highest level of honesty, integrity and enthusiasm.
Our client values equal opportunity employment and are committed to hiring individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected group.
If you share our same values and are interested in joining a dynamic team, we invite you to submit your resume today. Let’s grow together!