endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Manufacturing Test Systems Engineer
What we offer:
We are a global leader in cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international and highly collaborative teams accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and are a pioneer in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Position Summary: Experienced industrial engineering of high-volume electro-mechanical automotive products and manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for industrial engineering of test processes for production of night vision products. Conceptualizes, develops, validates and implements new production test stations, processes and equipment.
- Develops test methods, engineering reports, product and machine specifications, and test execution support for process development.
- Participates in cross-functional development team to achieve successful product development and high-volume manufacturing implementation outcome. Assists with mechanical / industrialization design, design for manufacturability, assembly and test, integration and manufacturing.
- Responsible for primary production test station ownership and support; maintains, troubleshoots, improves and optimizes current production test stations, processes and equipment:
- Maintains through total productive maintenance, preventative maintenance, measurement systems analyses (calibrations/verifications, gage repeatability and reproducibility);
- Problem solves through root cause analyses and 8D processes;
- Improves and optimizes via continuous improvement (kaizen), lean manufacturing, and six sigma methods.
- Refines, troubleshoots, and debugs production test station software, configuration files, and test limits as needed for continuous improvement, corrective action, and/or sequence changes to accommodate new hardware or software product versions; fundamental platform changes.
- Develops and maintains test station and software requirements documents. Develops and maintains test station and software validation plans, performs validations and documents validation results.
- Deploys approved production test station software; maintains or creates installer to deploy the applications to run under Windows 7 and 10 environments; coordinates with users the deployment of new SW releases.
- Controls production test station software revisions (including configuration files and recipes) via TFS and PLM for all SW components used on production equipment.
- Investigates production test station fallout to identify systematic cause and drive continuous improvement and corrective actions.
- Participates in cross-functional production team to meet daily and weekly production demands
What you'll bring:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D01
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Industrial, Process, Manufacturing, Software, Test, and/or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong background practicing industrial test engineering; minimum 5 years relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with electrical, mechanical, and systems engineering also valuable. Visual C and C++, Object oriented design/development experience and proficiency.
- Experience with Labwindows CVI and python are helpful but not mandatory. Experience and proficiency with Visual Studio IDE, synchronization, and blocking mechanisms.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows Environment, OO Frameworks. PLC Programming and Interfacing as well as SQL and database management experience is helpful but not mandatory.
- Solid understanding of OOP principles and techniques, distributed computing architectures, error management, transactions and techniques.
- Experience with digital image processing and/or computer vision.
- Experience working with electrical systems (e.g. relays, general circuits). Experience with Excel macros and Visual Basic for Applications. General MS Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Familiarity with MES systems, and ERP. Business minded, experience in purchasing and writing RFQs.