Title: Manufacturing Tech - Metrology
City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Job Code: EB-4087640308
Tekberry is looking for highly qualified and motivated Metrology Manufacturing Technicians to work on-site with our client, a top-tier technology company in Santa Rosa, CA.
These are temp to hire positions that will see the ideal candidates working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment. There are swing and day shift positions available.
The manufacturing technician will provide technical and logistics support for the manufacturing department in the area of optical thin films and coating manufacturing, process development, and testing. Will work on moderately complex manufacturing processes and perform metrology calibration. Will follow established policies, processes, guidelines, and methods to accomplish work. The Metrology Lab Tech will operate metrology equipment including spectrophotometers, interferometers and other precision measurement equipment.
- Provide technical and logistics support for manufacturing department in the area of optical thin films and coating manufacturing, process development, and testing.
- Operate metrology equipment including spectrophotometers, interferometers and other precision measurement equipment. Duties will include setup and testing of products using precision measurement equipment, analysis of test results, and to provide further technical and logistical support for the company. The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment is a requirement.
- Assist in logistics support in set-up, scheduling, and managing the workflow to ensure established procedures are being met while maintaining high quality workmanship.
- Maintain and assist with controlling material supply inventory and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Perform assembly, maintenance, and repairs of equipment as needed.
- Support current engineering projects.
- Use precision measurement systems and tools to evaluate parts against drawing requirements. Interpret measurement data and shares accurate information with the team to assist in making decisions.
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance procedures and records for all manufacturing processes.
- Create and maintain technical reports (logs, charts, and data) as required in a lab book.
- Demonstrate and utilize continuous improvement techniques i.e. Lean Manufacturing, 5-S as required
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some college coursework and/or an Associate Degree in mechanical, physical sciences, engineering technology or electronics field preferred.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Must be reliable, proficient with computers, hardworking and trainable.
- Material handling, equipment, and test protocol
- Various lab equipment and testing equipment
- Electronic and computer technology
- GMP and SOP
- Proficiency in mathematics and scientific principles/units
- Quality systems and statistical knowledge
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Work within a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Will sit 50% of time.
- Will stand 50% of time.
- Will reach with hands & arms.
- Will stoop & kneel.
- The noise level in the manufacturing environment is moderate, but occasionally can be loud.
- Temperature is moderate within work environment
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.