Manufacturing Tech – Coating
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Type / Hours: 3 months temp to hire – Day shift including 1 or 2 weekend days
Job Code: EB-1889424419
Rate: $16.00 - $18.00+ p/hr, depends on experience
Tekberry is looking for highly qualified and motivated Manufacturing Technicians to work on-site with our client, a top-tier technology company in Santa Rosa, CA. These are 3-month temp to hire positions that will see the ideal candidates working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment. These positions are full time day shifts with 1-2 weekend days.
The manufacturing technician will provide technical and logistics support for the manufacturing department in the area of optical thin films and coating manufacturing, process development, and testing. Will work on moderately complex manufacturing processes and perform metrology calibration. Will follow established policies, processes, guidelines, and methods to accomplish work. The Coating Technician will be mechanically inclined. Activities like working on cars or fixing machines would be very beneficial for this role.
- Provide technical and logistics support for manufacturing department in the area of optical thin films and coating manufacturing, process development, and testing.
- Assist in logistics support in set-up, scheduling, and managing the workflow to ensure established procedures are being met while maintaining high quality workmanship.
- Maintain and assist with controlling material supply inventory and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Perform assembly, maintenance, and repairs of equipment as needed.
- Support current engineering projects.
- Use precision measurement systems and tools to evaluate parts against drawing requirements. Interpret measurement data and shares accurate information with the team to assist in making decisions.
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance procedures and records for all manufacturing processes.
- Create and maintain technical reports (logs, charts, and data) as required in a lab book.
- Demonstrate and utilize continuous improvement techniques i.e. Lean Manufacturing, 5-S as required
High School diploma or equivalent required. 0 - 3+ years manufacturing experience. Associate Degree in mechanical, physical sciences, engineering technology or electronics field preferred. Computer proficiency.
- Use of optical thin film and coating equipment and protocols
- Read and interpret engineering drawings of parts, tooling, and equipment.
- Work with a high degree of accuracy; high attention to detail
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices
- Utilize machine and/or hand tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work in a teamwork environment within a fast-paced manufacturing organization.
- Accomplish tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to work overtime, if required
- Prioritize multiple tasks as once
- Competency in Microsoft office applications
- Material handling, equipment, and test protocol
- Wafer fabrication, including thin films, photolithography, electroplating, etch, lapping, and probe
- Various lab equipment and testing equipment
- Electronic and computer technology
- GMP and SOP
- Proficiency in mathematics and scientific principles/units
- Quality systems and statistical knowledge
- Proficient with AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Work within a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Will sit 50% of time.
- Will stand 50% of time.
- Will reach with hands & arms.
- Will stoop & kneel.
- The noise level in the manufacturing environment is moderate, but occasionally can be loud.
- Temperature is moderate within work environment
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.