Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value!
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Middletown is looking for a reliable and hard-working Manufacturing Support associate. As a key member of our manufacturing team, the successful individual will support production and operations by receiving, stocking, moving and shipping parts, materials, assemblies, equipment, machinery and supplies throughout the production floor.
- Receives, counts and records incoming materials, supplies, production parts and assemblies. (Ability to use MRP system preferred)
- Properly stores and records locations of incoming materials, supplies, production parts and assemblies.
- Issues and records outgoing materials, supplies, production parts and assemblies to production.
- Unloads incoming materials and supplies from carriers including all types and quantities of raw materials, purchased parts, adhesives, solvents and miscellaneous items.
- Visually checks items for damage. Notes damage on shipping document and advises supervisor.
- Maintains inventory of stockroom and notifies planning department of possible shortages.
- Issues limited life materials based on closest expiration date. Monitors and removes materials past expiration from production.
- Collects and separates production scrap for disposal.
- Maintains storage facilities, inside and outside, for tools, equipment, terminated/surplus parts and materials.
- Fabricates and assembles shipping crates, boxes, box liners, packing braces and shipping accessories using hand and power tools. Inserts and secures liners, braces and other accessories in containers to prevent damage to materials or products.
- Packs materials and products into shipping containers working from simple sketches, photos or verbal instruction.
- Weighs and records shipments as required.
- Loads shipments onto truck per instructions.
- Operates Tow-motor, lift truck to move tools, parts, materials and production scrap.
- Performs physical inventories of tools at Middletown site as required.
- Responsible for movement and delivery of tools to and from storage and work areas as needed. (Use of electric and gasoline powered lift trucks.)
- Basic housekeeping to clean up the area from the work performed and to maintain the housekeeping in the area using the proper conventional utensils. Maintaining the area includes material, parts, machines, tools and worktables used in manufacturing as well as objects used to store or stage items used in manufacturing.
- High school education or GED
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive wages
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k
- Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.