The Manufacturing/Production Supervisor supervises all shift employees, complies with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards, analyzes customer needs and produces weekly and monthly shipping schedule; as well as Company goals and MOS initiatives.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Provide daily manpower/machine requirements for each area to support schedule
• Establish daily priorities and review with area lead
• Work with production control to alleviate scheduling conflicts
• Report any unresolvable manpower/machine capacity constraints to manager
• Schedule overtime as required
Monitor and document daily attendance, tardiness, efficiency etc.
• Review tardiness/attendance daily and resolve all chronic issues
• Review efficiencies for conformance to standard
Monitor and document manpower and equipment levels for future schedule coverage and document methods to alleviate bottlenecks.
• Develop/implement cross training plan for each area
• Review/document cross training progress monthly
• Request alternate machine programs for bottleneck resources
• Request additional manpower/equipment, fixtures, tools etc.… to meet production requirements
Create and maintain visual metrics for each area and establish improvement goals for each metric.
• Adherence to schedule
• Daily throughput
• 5S compliance
Work with area lead to improve process flow within each area.
• Review lifting/handling methods
• Perform “mini” VSM within area and document improvement strategies
• Review program/machining methods with area leads/machinist and document suggested improvements
Review and document progress of new hires.
• Review/document progress with operator on a weekly basis
• Document and review operators progress with manager on a monthly basis
Review each area for adequate key process redundancy and document requirements and mitigation plans for:
• Tooling, etc.
Create, document and monitor effective control plan to insure adequate inventory
• Process supplies
• Expendable tooling
• Paint, tape, resin etc.
Review daily NCMR activity within each area and work with area lead
• Develop effective methods to reduce NCMR’s
• Document methods to reduce amount of NCMR rework dispositions
Train and enforce all company policies.
• Safety glasses
• Attendance/ Tardiness etc.
• Safety & Environmental
• BA or seven (7) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!