Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley has a great opportunity for a Manufacturing Quality Technician. The successful incumbent will be responsible for all facets of quality and productivity for designated castings throughout the entire process.
- Responsible for all facets of quality for designated castings throughout the operation from core to door.
- Act as the primary liaison to the customer for all communications related to their designated castings.
- Access to all customer portals and DQR status for all customers is required.
- Responsible for all 8D/RCCA activities related to customer escapes, and must authorize all RTV activities.
- Must ensure containments related to customer escapes are properly defined and executed.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting FAI packages to their designated customers, monitoring and relaying the approval status will be required.
- When required by the customer, the MQT is responsible for preparing and submitting PPAP packages for their designated castings, monitoring and relaying the approval status will be required.
- Approve all internal engineering changes for designated castings and communicates with the customer for authorization (when required).
- Responsible for maintenance of traveler for all designated castings
- Perform Purchase Order review for all designated castings, and Specification review as directed for specifications related to their designated castings.
- Prepare and modify shop floor inspection techniques
- Review all changes/suggestions for improvement from their corresponding PT to ensure that no specification violation will occur and/or to determine if customer approval will be required.
- Post-secondary education in a technical discipline
- 4 years of industry experience
- Drawing interpretation including GD&T
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Certificated Quality Technician (ASQ) is an asset
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)