The Manufacturing Quality Technician (MQT) is responsible for all facets of quality for designated castings throughout the operation from core to door.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
• Employee Assistance Program
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Manufacturing Quality Technician (MQT) is responsible for all facets of quality for designated castings throughout the operation from core to door.
• The MQT is the primary liaison to the customer for all communications related to their designated castings. Access to all customer portals and DQR status for all customers is required.
• The MQT is responsible for all 8D/RCCA activities related to customer escapes, and must authorize all RTV activities.
• The MQT must ensure containments related to customer escapes are properly defined and executed.
• The MQT is responsible for preparing and submitting FAI packages to their designated customers. Monitoring and relaying the approval status will be required.
• When required by the customer the MQT is responsible for preparing and submitting PPAP packages for their designated castings. Monitoring and relaying the approval status will be required.
• The MQT approves all internal engineering changes for designated castings and communicates with the customer for authorization (when required).
• The MQT is responsible for maintenance of traveller for all designated castings.
• The MQT is to perform Purchase Order review for all designated castings, and Specification review as directed for specifications related to their designated castings.
• Preparation and modification of shop floor techniques is the responsibility of the MQT and the Product Technician (PT). The MQT is responsible for inspection techniques, whereas the PT is responsible for all “How-To” techniques.
• The MQT must review all changes/suggestions for improvement from their corresponding PT to ensure that no specification violation will occur and/or to determine if customer approval will be required.
• Secondary Education (Preferably related to mechanical engineering)
• Certified Quality Technician - American Society for Quality (ASQ)
• 2 years in a technical position within a manufacturing environment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!