Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for a Manufacturing Quality Technician. Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew, the Manufacturing Quality Technician gets the opportunity to work in a picturesque countryside setting. The successful incumbent will be responsible for all facets of quality and productivity for designated castings throughout the entire process.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Responsible for all facets of quality for designated castings throughout the operation from core to door.
- Be primary liaison to the customer for all communications related to their designated castings. Access to all customer portals and DQR status for all customers is required.
- Responsible for all 8D/RCCA activities related to customer escapes, and must authorize all RTV activities.
- Ensure containments related to customer escapes are properly defined and executed.
- Prepare and submit FAI packages to their designated customers. Monitoring and relaying the approval status will be required.
- Prepare and submit PPAP packages for their designated castings. Monitoring and relaying the approval status will be required.
- Approve all internal engineering changes for designated castings and communicates with the customer for authorization (when required).
- Responsible for maintenance of traveler for all designated castings.
- Perform Purchase Order review for all designated castings, and Specification review as directed for specifications related to their designated castings.
- Prepare and modify of shop floor techniques and responsible for inspection techniques
- Review all changes/suggestions for improvement from their corresponding PT to ensure that no specification violation will occur and/or to determine if customer approval will be required.
- Post-secondary education in a technical discipline
- 4 years of industry experience
- Drawing interpretation including GD&T
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Certificated Quality Technician (ASQ) is an asset
- Experience with AS9100D and aerospace requirements, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Root Cause Analysis would be considered an asset.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!