Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer.
- Full time permanent
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Manufacturing Quality Engineers is to play a key role in the improvements and day-to-day activities of manufacturing quality performance of their designated production unit(s).
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
Analyse non-conformance data for improvement opportunities (additional to shop floor level NCR process):
- Review data of non-conformances (minor & major rework, scrap, customer complaints etc.) to identify quality improvement opportunities through inspection and/or production processes.
- Establish action plans(s) and engage relevant departments in order to implement required improvements.
- Collate details of root cause analysis, corrective actions and verification, to document and present performance improvements to management level.
Liaise with engineering regarding inspection reference materials:
- Support the engineering department in the creation and maintenance of visual aids.
- Report any issues/improvements with engineering reference materials.
Inspection stamp control:
- Responsible for issue, scope control and withdrawal of inspection stamps in line with the latest inspection stamp control process.
- Support activities to measure inspector competency to determine stamp issue, scope control and withdrawal. This includes keeping the inspection exam up to date in line with latest inspection SOPs, and ensuring that the exam answers are kept confidential.
Attend MRB meetings and support NCR activities:
- Attend daily MRB meeting for the production area.
- Support NCR/8D investigations.
- Train others how to conduct NCR/8D investigations and to use the latest issue forms.
Collate scrap / quarantine data:
- Maintain data of scrap / quarantine for designated production unit to report daily.
Set up, maintain and conduct containment audits:
- Set up containment audits for the designated production unit, to confirm containment actions implemented are being carried out effectively.
- Maintain containment audits in line with latest containments/Quality Alerts/One Point Lessons
- Conduct containment audits at designated intervals.
Involvement in PFMEA, control plans and FAIR activities with Quality Assurance team:
- Key involvement in multi-disciplined PFMEA team
- Arrange required inspection to support FAIR activities, including photographs being taken and annotated to produce visual aids
- Create reports for FAIR activities
Involvement in the development of policies, procedures and systems with the goal of attaining AS9100 accreditation.
Recording and measurement of quality performance KPIs
HND / Degree in engineering/related technical subject, or experience in a similar role
Similar experience in Quality Engineering or similar role within an aerospace production environment
- Quality control
- Knowledge of AS9100 requirements
- Root cause and corrective action investigation
- Employee training
- Data analysis
- Presentation at all levels
- Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Work well under pressure
- Prioritise tasks effectively
- Use initiative
- Interpret engineering reference documentation, including standards and drawings
- Strong quality focus
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the