Manufacturing Quality Engineer
United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill is a world-class manufacturer of precision machined aerospace components. We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer. The successful incumbent will develop and improve manufacturing processes for rotating and structural aerospace components. They will also provide technical support and leadership for the introduction and improvement of manufacturing processes. We have 2 openings!
- Develop/implement/improve manufacturing process
- Documentation – Router/BOM creation/process revisions
- Fixture/tooling development and manufacture
- Assist in the develop of characteristic pFMEA’s, Technical Plans/Data Cards
- Develop/maintain expert knowledge of customer requirements/specifications
- Develop and train customer/part specific procedures for both technical and operational staff
- Submit/Introduce FPA/DAR plans/changes
- NCMR review/disposition – Preliminary Root Cause review/assignment
- Monitor process metrics for cost and quality
- Develop part specific improvement plans to meet cost and quality goals
- Monitor/develop reworks/repairs to alleviate MRB/Slow Moving WIP
- Proactively maintain up to date knowledge of industry practices/trends – Request required training
- Interface directly with customers to alleviate technical issues – Develop key customer contacts
- Support schedule adherence and develop capacity relief plans
- Interface with SQE to develop/troubleshoot outside vendor processes
- Provide technical leadership to team members
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager or Director
- BSME or equivalent experience in aerospace machining environment
- 5-10 years - preferably in aerospace machining
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving skills
- Process development skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)