Develop and improve manufacturing processes for rotating and structural aerospace components. Provide technical support and leadership for the introduction and improvement of manufacturing processes.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Develop/implement/improve manufacturing process
• Documentation – Router/BOM creation/process revisions
• Fixture/tooling development and manufacture
• Assist in the develop of characteristic pFMEA’s, Technical Plans/Data Cards
• Develop/maintain expert knowledge of customer requirements/specifications
• Develop and train customer/part specific procedures for both technical and operational staff
• Submit/Introduce FPA/DAR plans/changes
• NCMR review/disposition – Preliminary Root Cause review/assignment
• Monitor process metrics for cost and quality
• Develop part specific improvement plans to meet cost and quality goals
• Monitor/develop reworks/repairs to alleviate MRB/Slow Moving WIP
• Proactively maintain up to date knowledge of industry practices/trends – Request required training
• Interface directly with customers to alleviate technical issues – Develop key customer contacts
• Support schedule adherence and develop capacity relief plans
• Interface with SQE to develop/troubleshoot outside vendor processes
• Provide technical leadership to team members
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager or Director
• BSME or equivalent experience in aerospace machining environment
• 5-10 years - preferably in aerospace machining
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!