Our client, located in the Virginia Beach area has an opening for a strong Manufacturing Production Manager.
Responsibilities of the job include:
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online
- Oversee all production processes
- Plan and organize production staffing schedule. Adjust work schedules as necessary to meet customer demands
- Supervise the work of production staff. Establish priorities & adjust as needed to changes in customer demand or equipment downtime
- Help establish budget production rates by machine type, and achieve expected rates
- Hold employees accountable for expected performance, recognize good performance, and follow progressive discipline process when expectations are not met
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed. Maintain area housekeeping level
- Help determine quality standards for both upstream processes and finished product, and maintain performance to standards
- Build skill-level of production staff. Organize & conduct relevant training sessions
- Conduct initial safety training for new team members and document. Ensure operations training is conducted by a knowledgeable employee for new employees and for established employees when assigned to new equipment.
- Organize the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment together with Maintenance
- Investigate root causes of customer complaints, and put in place solutions to prevent reoccurrence
- Assess project and resource requirements
- Identify improvement opportunities and lead through implementation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, word, etc.
- Hiring and firing responsibilities
- Quality control responsibilities
- Reading and understanding of production reports.
- LMS, 5S or Sigma 6 background helpful.
- Working closely with Maintenance Department on machine issues.
- Lead Production floor meetings and established good production relation with employees.
- Attending and participation in weekly production meetings.