endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Manufacturing Production Manager
The Manufacturing Production Manager is responsible for oversight and management of all the manufacturing departments.
The MPM is directly responsible for the production activities.
Accountability for all production operations within the manufacturing facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
******Drive continuous improvement for all production departments and utilizes Lean Manufacturing techniques to optimize operations.
- Direct production activities to insure timely completion of finished products for delivery to the customer at defined cost and quality standards.
- Manage and optimize labor costs and direct vs indirect labor allocation.
- Insure that job times for all works centers fall within standard operation times and perform corrective action when needed.
- Create and drive production plans as necessary to maintain product delivery schedules to customers.
- Oversee the preventive maintenance and upkeep of equipment in the shop to insure efficient operation with minimal down-time.
- Ensures the appropriate maintenance, cleaning and operation of all shop equipment and facilities.
- Champion and enforce company safety standards and fosters a “safety first” culture through training, evaluation and continual focus.
- Ensures the facility and employees comply with federal, state and local EH&S laws and regulations.
- Train and enforce 6S requirements by proactive auditing and corrective action.
- Significant knowledge of and experience in discrete manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience as a practitioner of continuous improvement methodologies, Lean Manufacturing, 6S, and/or Six Sigma to eliminate waste and improve efficiencies.
- Strong leadership skills with a commitment to excellence demonstrated in work history.
- Proven track record of success as a Plant Manager (or Operations Manager at a larger organization).
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and high-demand environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage using KPIs and metrics to identify improvement opportunities and take corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management (or related discipline) or equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong business acumen (management principles, strategic planning, critical thinking, budgeting, resource allocation, human resources, etc.).
- Strong collaborator and mentor to others
- 5+ experience in manufacturing preferred in the automotive industry.
- Strong Lean Operations and Continuous Improvement methodologies
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.